Our world is filled with machines and robots everywhere. Now we are using machines, robotics for many things like manufacturing any product, house hold appliances. In near future robotics will every where to do any kind of work. Playme a programmable robot is an introduction to world of Robotics. It creates an environment to play with robotics and electronics much easier. Meet Playme a Robot For Curious minds. It is a robot which has many things inside it. It is an educational robotics kit through which you can develop logical thinking, computational thinking, program Lets explore features of Playme one by one.
Playme consists of :-
- Two DC BO :- Motors along with two wheels. Here motors are used to provide movement to wheels. Speed of motor is 150 RPM.
- Caster Wheel :- It helps robot to make smooth turns while moving.
- Wheels :- A wheel is a circular component that is intended to rotate on motors .
- Here RPM stands for Revolution Per Minutes. According to motor direction wheels will move.
- Motors are having names like Left Motor, Right motor. We can move robot in forward, Reverse, Left, Right Directions.
Play me consists of Following things which are shown below :-
- 1 Ultrasonic Sensor :- Ultrasonic sensor is commonly used for distance measurement. Here we are using HC-SR 04 sensor which can sense distance up to 400 cm.
- We can perform many tasks using this such distance follower robot, obstacle avoiding robot. Ultrasonic sensor is commonly used for distance measurement.
- Here we are using HC-SR 04 sensor which can sense distance up to 400 cm. We can perform many tasks using this such distance follower robot, obstacle avoiding robot
- 2 Light Sensor : Light Dependent resistor (LDR) is an electronic component which can be used as Light sensor.
- We can use this light sensor for light follower robot like projects
- L293D :- L293D Motor Driver IC. L293D IC is a typical Motor Driver IC which allows the DC motor to drive on any direction.
- This IC consists of 16-pins which are used to control a set of two DC motors instantaneously in any direction.
- It means, by using a L293D IC we can control two DC motors
- Infrared sensors : Infrared sensor it is nothing but transmitter and receiver led pair. Which is used detect presence of an obstacle.
4 Right Side Infrared sensors: Infrared sensor it is nothing but transmitter and receiver led pair. Which is used detect presence of an obstacle.
5 Left Infrared Sensor: It is used to detect whether obstacle is present to Left side or not.
6 User Switch :- It is also known as user switch. It is a 4 pin tactile switch which can be to operate device such as LED ON/OFF, Robot control.
7 Pencil Hole:– We can insert pencil in this hole and with help of programming we can draw different shapes.
8 Mic :- Mic or microphone is a sound sensor. It can sense near by sound signals. It is two pin device. We can do sound operated robot, sound operated Lights
9 Buzzer :-It can generate sound, melody, tunes .
Back side view of Playme.
15 ON/OFF Switch : -It is used connect battery supply to Playme. It is a slide switch. If it is push to one side it will connect battery to robot. If it is push to other side it will disconnects battery power to robot.
17 Switch for Bluetooth and serial switching: This switch shuffles robot into two modes. One is Bluetooth mode second is Program Downloading mode. Bluetooth mode helps us to connect with mobile and Android app. Playme has one Bluetooth module with range up to 10 m. Program downloading mode helps to download program from PC to playme.